Thursday, March 11, 2010

packaging series





Our advanced design teacher assigned each of us two words, three food products, and a grocery store. From there we were to develop an in-store grocery brand comparable to Archer Farms of Target. My two words: Smithfield and Valley. My three products: Lemon Italian Soda, Traditional Potato Chips, and Basil Linguine. My grocery store: Carrs in Anchorage, Alaska.

Carrs is a Safeway grocery store that is modern, clean and inviting. For us Kansas Citians, it's similar to a Hen House or Cosentino's. For my "gourmet, yet affordable" products, I wanted to give a modern, clean, yet Alaskan appeal. The logotype includes my handwritten, but modern look of a typeface, combined with a hand-drawn valley like symbol. The color palette is bright, yet fun and appealing. The pattern is plaid, which includes all the colors of the palette. I still have quite a ways to go from here, but I feel like Im off to a good start.


No comments:

Post a Comment